I meet people that still believe that the world is fine. They believe things like:
- The US government has plenty of money.
- Government cares for its citizens.
- The economy cannot crash.
- We are not in a recession (Depression).
- The lives of their children will be better than their own.
- The government can continue to print money to fund promises they cannot afford.
Despite these untenable beliefs, these are not stupid people. Many are professionals who do quite well — doctors, lawyers, dentists, college professors, etc. They are not zombies, our walking dead, who have no idea about what is happening around them no less the way things work in an economy, society or the world. It is our educated who should care yet seem to be oblivious to what lies ahead.
The ignorance and/or lack of concern of this group is perplexing and maddening. They are certainly capable of understanding. It is also in their interests to comprehend, as they are the ones who will lose the most. How doe one open their eyes? What can they be shown to arouse them from their ignorance?
Read more: here